A recent report by Lyris showed that 69% of the people surveyed were already segmenting their data. From those who did segment, they saw the following results:
- 39% experienced higher open rates
- 34% reported better email relevance
- 28% saw lower opt-out/unsubscribe rates
- 24% generated higher revenues
- 24% increased sales leads
- 24% had better deliverability rates.
Ways to segment your data
- By engagement, email those people who interact more with your messages on a more regular basis, or with rewards for their loyalty.
- By demographic, segmenting by age, gender etc can help to send more personalised content to your subscribers.
- By behaviour, split people out by past purchasers, pages visited and other interactions with your business.
- By location, sending different emails to people based in different areas will again improve personalisation.
- By activity, send transactional emails such as abandoned cart and recently viewed pages without purchases.
What to do next
Once you have split out your data, you can create targetted content specifically for each group, based on the information gained by these segments.
Call us today for more information on how to quickly build these lists and how this tactic can work for your business.