It was only 10-15 years ago that we had big bulky mobile phones, now we have a super powered mini PC/Phone/Camera/Camcorder/Gameboy in all of our pockets.
Can you imagine life without Google? It has only been around for 12 years.
Email is keeping up with the pace also! The first email was sent around 40 years ago, now billions and billions are sent every single day.
Email has become one of the most important things in our lives, but at home and for work.
So I thought that I would supply you with some interesting facts about them:
• If you were to print out each email that is sent in the world onto a standard piece of A4 paper, in around 2 hours you would have enough paper to cover the whole of Africa.
• In two days, if you were line up every bit of paper, it would be long enough to go around the earths circumference.
• There are more then 10 times more email address then people in the United States of America
• There are 3.3 billion email accounts, compared to a mere 2.7 billion social media accounts.
• There is an email sent every 0.00000035 seconds
• Over 100trillion emails are sent every year.
So technology is moving faster then ever, but email is keeping up with it.